Located in Vancouver, BC & Serving Western Canada 604-303-7707

What’s New - The latest special event production news from Bright Ideas Event Agency.

Events and conferences can be a busy time, especially for attendees that do a lot of connecting and meeting new people. That can create a stressful atmosphere, as one might feel like they have a limited amount of time to make the best use of their networking at the event. Taking a break is always a welcome thing for anyone feeling a little overwhelmed. Event planners know this, which is why they try to make even the downtimes at events relaxing and interesting. One of the trends that have been popular lately is having puppies at events as a way to reduce stress. Let’s have a closer look at the benefits of organizing and attending events that have puppies:

De-Stressing by Spending Time with Puppies

The primary advantage of having puppies at events is their effect on people. Interacting with dogs is one of the fastest ways to put a smile on a human’s face.

Those who have dogs, either as pets or emotional support animals, can attest to that claim, but it’s also been proven with research and random experiments as well.

One of them showed that 74% of people smiled upon seeing a dog taking his afternoon nap on a windowsill, while the remaining 26% had a neutral reaction.

With such positive psychological effects on the majority of people, it’s no wonder that puppy play time at events is so popular. The ability to de-stress while enjoying the playfulness and cuteness of these smart, adorable animals is often what you need after attending a long session. It can turn a good event into a great one.

How Puppies Affect People

Other than psychological benefits, spending time with puppies also makes us healthier — even if we only spend 30 minutes playing with one between other event activities. Petting a dog reduces stress and lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, which makes them an ideal solution to ensure event attendees are feeling at ease. Having a dog in the room works better at lowering blood pressure than taking an ACE inhibitor medication.

Puppies at Events

From various examples of puppies present at events, there have been some beautiful and heartwarming stories as well.

Other than just having puppies around to play with, event attendees could also be encouraged to adopt them, if they find it difficult to part with a new canine friend.

That is what happened at the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers’ 2018 Annual Member Meeting, where there were 12 puppies up for adoption brought in as part of a 30-minute “Bark-Out” networking break. A man who had lost his Scottish terriers earlier that year fell in love with one of the puppies, Rosie. They were inseparable during the event, and eventually, he and his wife decided to adopt the puppy and fly her to New England where they live.

Whether puppies at events are there to help de-stress the attendees or to find a new loving home, there are many benefits to having them present. It is a wonderful trend to keep in mind, especially if you’re planning an event where it’s going to fit in comfortably.

Are you looking for a way to make your event more pleasant to attend? Here at Bright Ideas Events, we’ll be happy to assist you in any way we can.


You might also enjoy reading the following posts:

Cannabis and the Event World

AI at Events

Zero Carbon Footprint Events

Don`t copy text!

Pin It on Pinterest